Leanne quickly picked up Oaklands procedures and ways through working in Room 14 co- teaching with Emma Frampton, through being a good listener, asking effective questions, meeting with Caroline Martin and with tutor teacher on a regular basis, through team meeting and staff meeting Professional development, through PLGs and being a member of a focus group.
- Open minded.
- Active listener.
- Effective Questioner.
- Excellent Relationships with students in class.
- Positive climate and strong culture in her class.
- Writing - maths - reading. - curriculum well underway.
- Action stations excellent - based on working with Action Stations guru at Merrin.
- Teaching techniques - strong class and group management. Incorporates one on one into daily timetable well.
- Contributes to CRT days and team meetings.
- Innovative ideas for Year 1 Break Out programme. High Quality Art programme designed and implemented in term 2.
- Proactive approach. Addresses any issues as they arise.
- Life experience - calm manner.
"I have enjoyed my transition into Oaklands School. It has been smooth, due to the professional Senior Management team being organised with sharing School expectations and procedures through meetings and their Home page. I have loved working with Emma, who has always shared her knowledge happily as we planned and shared our students for term 2. The staff are all very welcoming and have been supportive to questioning. Collaboration is already practised widely throughout and is a part of this schools culture. I am looking forward to further solidifying my second year of learning in term 3. My focus for term 3 will be focussing on my priority learners with different strategies to engage and motivate learning and I will be conducting my teaching as inquiry on behaviour management strategies (do they facilitate long term change? Do I influence and empower their pro-social skills?)"